Its time for me to make a pledge, and my doing so I hope to encourage others to join my movement. This Christmas I am going to support artists and small businesses by purchasing most of my gifts from them. I want to support others by in the community by bringing business to their shops, store fronts, and websites. Its important to me because not only am I an artist, but I also consign many of my items to boutiques. I have definitely noticed a decrease in the amount of items I have sold, and the amount of business these little shops are receiving. Please join this movement, pledge to buy handmade or from small business owners this season. Comment to this post on why its important to you to make this pledge.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
I thought I would deviate from anything to do with art and fill you in on 10 little tidbits about me. (not to be mistaken for being self-centered, haha) I simply would like to fill in my followers about a few little known facts...Enjoy
1. I am very much in love with antique photos, I own a bunch. I recently bought 5 and lined them along this little shelf I have in my studio. Later that day I took them down because I felt like they were watching me...(I'm weird, I know it) And, yes I will continue to buy them as I come across ones that suit my fancy.
2. I'm fascinated with the chupacabra, big foot, ghosts, yetis and so on....Why, I have no idea...and to answer your question, I believe in them all....
3. I love buying antique things (in relation to fact #2, I have this fear that someday one of the things I buy will be haunted. This always crosses my mind before a purchase.)
4. I love Disney
5. I believe that the 50's were the classiest era
6. I love pin-up
7. I begged my husband to buy me a metal detector for Christmas. I always bring it with me to the desert when I go camping. (You laugh now, but I WILL find treasure muahaha) Its the gift that pays for itself.
8. When my husband and I ride our dirt bikes he gets annoyed that I have and stop to to investigate everything for unfound treasures... i.e. gems, gold, relics, fossils, petrified wood and bones. I once found a huge spine in the desert that I brought home; it now sits in my moms planter, haha. I also thought I found turquoise once and made him stuff these rocks in his motorcylce boots till we got back from our ride, it was only copper *tear*.
9. My favorite movie is Braveheart, and I love Mel Gibson (Yup, I said it)
10. This fact is already well known but, I believe that everyone should follow there dreams, live life with to regrets and speak the truth.
*Finding a petroglyph site that is thousands of years old in the desert*
(This counts in my treasure category)